Former CIA director turned far left political commentator John Brennan saw his security clearance finally revoked on Wednesday. Brennan was cited for “lying” and conduct unbecoming for someone who has access to the nation’s secrets. But Brennan isn’t the only one on the list being considered.
Politico also names FBI Director James Comey, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden, former national security adviser Susan Rice, former FBI attorney Lisa Page, former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, former FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, and Bruce Ohr. McCabe and Strzok were fired from the FBI for misconduct.
Bruce Ohr has been demoted from assistant deputy attorney general and may not have a job much longer. He was a crucial part of the Russian investigation, even though his wife worked for Fusion GPS. In addition to Bruce Ohr’s connections to Fusion GPS, Russian attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya was also a client of Fusion GPS when she set up her meeting with Donald Trump, Jr. in Trump tower. Nothing happened at the meeting, but it has been cited by liberals as Russian collusion. Some speculate that entire meeting was a Fusion GPS setup.
It’s possible these late moves are more than just cleaning house. Many of these individuals have a very suspect past when it comes to the botched Clinton investigation and the unnecessary Trump investigation. We have seen plenty of evidence from Strzok’s texts of collusion with the Obama administration to stop Trump. And when you add in the Fusion GPS connections, everyone seems to be in bed with everyone else. In some cases, literally.
The Inspector General’s office continues it’s investigation into these individuals, but Horowitz’s conclusions have thus far been suspect. His decision that Strzok’s texts didn’t show bias gives me little hope for the future of that investigation.
It’s time to play spot the criminal. Who colluded with Russia? See if you can figure it out.
Hillary Clinton is the only person in the story who actually colluded with the Russians to try to meddle with the election. She used her contacts in the Obama administration to get the phony information to the friendly FBI agents who were out to stop Trump. The Trump Russia dossier bought and paid for by Clinton, and created by a British spy working with Russian agents was deemed “salacious and unverified” by none other than former FBI director James Comey. If we are going to accuse anyone of Russian collusion, it has to be Hillary Clinton.
A new name has surfaced in the unmasking scandal. UN Ambassador Susan Power made hundreds of unmasking requests in the last year of the Obama Presidency. Unmasking is the process by which individuals caught up in warrantless NSA surveillance are named in intelligence reports. It is a violation of the 4th amendment when misused.
During the Trump campaign and transition period, there were leaks of damaging information only discovered by government surveillance. At some point, Trump officials were unmasked in US intelligence reports and those reports were leaked to the press. The New York Times was one that reported Trump ties to Russia that were gleaned from NSA wiretaps. They have since attempted to back off the claim.
Illegally unmasking a US citizen and leaking that information is a felony and carries up to 10 years in jail. The prime people of interest are former CIA director Brennan, Susan Rice, and now Susan Power.
So why would a UN Ambassador be caught up in this? The potential answers to that question truly scare me. If Susan Power was leaking intel on the Trump transition team to other UN member nations, that would be a huge development. Don’t forget, much of the Russia collusion speculation came from intel provided by the UK, Germany and the Ukraine. Were they doing the spying? Or was the US doing the spying, laundering the info through them, and then using it to smear Trump and attempt to influence the election outcome and bolster the resistance movement?
A crime was committed. The fact that we know anything about the Russia investigation is indicative of the many illegal leaks. What we know shows that those leaks include information only our intelligence agencies should know. Brennan and Rice have both been openly hostile towards the Trump administration. It will be interesting to see where the investigation of Susan Power goes.
I saw a meme recently mocking the Trump team for lawyering up. There’s a reason Obama and his team never needed to lawyer up. They had Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch as the attorney generals. Neither of them had any interest in looking at wrongdoing by the Obama administration. Even the thought of Obama hiring a special prosecutor to investigate himself is hilarious.
Here are five times Obama should have appointed a special prosecutor but didn’t:
1. Fast and furious – the gun running scandal where the US sold weapons to Mexican drug lords that were then lost and later used to kill US border agents. The murder of the border agents was initially used by the administration to call for greater gun control, until it was discovered where those guns came from.
2. The IRS targeting scandal – the IRS targeted right-leaning political groups by denying their applications and subjecting them to unreasonable questioning. Congress investigated, but no charges were ever filed by the Obama DOJ and the administration did not appoint a special prosecutor. The person responsible, Lois Lerner, never faced legal consequences. Multiple calls for a special prosecutor were ignored by the Obama DOJ.
3. Benghazi – not only did the administration lie to the public, but Hillary Clinton violated the law when she distributed classified information about the Benghazi incident and destroyed classified information regarding the incident.
4. Hillary Clinton’s email server – despite the destruction of evidence, and Loretta Lynch completely invalidating the investigation by meeting with Bill Clinton on his private jet, a special prosecutor was not appointed. This is despite evidence that Obama knew about her server and that the Obama DOJ made unethical deals with Clinton attorneys to help destroy and hide evidence in the case.
5. The Iran Nuclear Deal payment – This was when Obama negotiated a poorly structured nuclear deal with Iran, and then sealed it with a huge cash payment delivered in the middle of the night. After the payment was discovered, the Obama administration claimed it was an old debt from a couple Iranian governments ago when we cancelled an arms shipment to them during their revolution.
Any of these were more salacious than the idea that Trump associates may have sought opposition research from the Russians. But none were investigated by any body with actual authority. None resulted in special counsels.
This also doesn’t include the smaller things, like the raid on the Gibson Guitar factory, Solyndra, or NSA spying on reporters. And it doesn’t include the bigger things that came to light more recently such as Obama spying on Trump associates and unmasking them. I haven’t even touched on the leaks.
Trump fired James Comey. Obama’s first year in office was a blood bath for Bush administration attorneys and officials. The difference so far between Trump and Obama is that Obama had more scandals and fewer people in his government that had any interest in noticing.